Bing Adds Tweets to Search Results
Writing on the Bing search blog, Microsoft says that, “Bing now pulls in social content generated on Twitter to surface the most relevant updates within seconds of a breaking news event.” Those updates show up near the top of search results, with an option to click “more social results” to see additional tweets.
Microsoft signed deals with both Twitter and Facebook to integrate status updates into Bing last year. Google did similar deals, and has already integrated Twitter, Facebook and MySpace into its real-time search results. Bing says they’re currently testing their features with a small subset of users, but plans to launch them to everyone (in the US anyways) shortly.
More Similar resources from NetSparsh:
- Google Upgrades Its Twitter Search Features
- Twitter Promoted Tweets Are Live
- A Smart Web-Based Client for Twitter
- Twitters Ad Platform to Launch Today
- 89% of Content on Google Buzz Is Automated STATS